New Bus-Only Lane on Marine Drive Now Open
Monday, June 20, 2011
A new bus-only lane from Marine Drive to Lions Gate Bridge is in operation, making transit service faster and more reliable.
Seven things you need to know:
- There will be a new advance light for buses at Marine Drive and Taylor Way.
- No left turns from Marine Drive onto Garden and McGuire Avenues in either direction (North Vancouver)
- Bus lanes are for TransLink buses only
- Bus lanes are in effect 24/7
- No vehicle lanes are lost
- Cycle routes are clearly marked
- You can still access businesses and residences by using the bus lane for right turns
The Marine Drive Transit Priority Project is funded by the Government of Canada, Province of British Columbia and TransLink. The Districts of West Vancouver and North Vancouver, as well as Park Royal Shopping Centre are partners in the project.
Learn how it works