Preparing Yard Trimmings for Collection
West Vancouver residents have the following choices for their yard trimmings set-out:
- Bundles tied with garden string or twine - bundled items much be less than 3 feet in length and branches less than 3" in diameter (no wire, nylon rope or plastic strapping, please).
- Kraft yard bags, which can be purchased from most local home improvement retailers.
- Regular garbage cans with 77-litre capacity with official adhesive 'Yard Trimmings' labels.
- Each yard trimmings can must be decaled with a Yard Trimmings label.
- Rubber or metal cans are durable and recommended as the the best choice for a yard trimmings container.
- Use a lid to keep water out.
- Yard Trimmings decals are available free of charge. Pick up decals at West Vancouver Municipal Hall, West Vancouver Community Centre, and Gleneagles Community Centre.
Things to Remember
- Weight limits of 20 kg (44 lb) per can, bundle or kraft bag apply.
- Yard trimmings will not be collected if packed in clear plastic bags.
- Containers can only be used for garbage if the Yard Trimmings label is removed.
Please help crews distinguish yard trimmings containers from garbage containers by setting out the can at least one (1) metre away from your garbage and so that the "Yard Trimmings" decal faces the street.
Residents can drop off large quantities yard trimmings and untreated wood at the North Shore Yard Trimmings Drop-off Site, located at 30 Riverside Drive, North Vancouver.