Filming in West Vancouver
West Vancouver’s waterfronts, parks and general ambiance make it a favourite for filming. However, the needs of the film industry must be balanced against the impact of this industry’s activities on West Vancouver citizens. Where the two conflict, the District has a responsibility to protect the well-being and interests of the residents.
Completed Filming Permit applications must be submitted 10 days prior to the anticipated start date. Completed applications include:
- A filled in and signed filming application form
- A $500 non-refundable application fee
- Liability Insurance naming the District as an additional insured
- A West Vancouver Business Licence
- A Special Event Electrical Permit
Forms can be emailed to the District, and the fee will be collected prior to the Permit's issuance.
Additional information and tasks may be required, such as a Traffic Management Plan and Resident Notification. Please ensure applications are received 10 days prior to the anticipated start date to allow a full assessment of the application.
- The District recovers costs for all services rendered, according to the Fees and Charges Bylaw
- There is no application fee for non-profit public service announcements or student productions
- District of West Vancouver - Filming Policy PLEASE NOTE: this document is for reference only. All current fees are listed in the Fees and Charges Bylaw
- Filming in West Vancouver, 604-925-7020
- Business Licences, 604-925-7152
- Electrical Permits, 604-925-7040