Garbage & Recycling
The Engineering Department is responsible for the collection, disposal and recycling of residential solid waste. This includes recyclables, green waste, and garbage for single family homes. The District works closely with the North Shore Recycling Program to deliver these services.
Residents receive utility billings four times a year to pay for waste and recycling services. For more information about billing, visit recycling and garbage charges.
Recent service adjustments
These adjustments are part of our on-going efforts to manage and reduce waste, and will help to avoid future service charge increases for residents.
Find out more about recent service adjustments and waste reduction in West Vancouver here, or check out the links below for additional information on our garbage diversion options.
North Shore Recycling Program
604-984-9730 or northshorerecycling.ca
- All recycling questions
- Request or pick-up blue box, blue bags or yellow bags
- Questions about acceptable recycling materials
- Questions about the North Shore Recycling Drop-off Depot
District of West Vancouver
- Garbage, yard trimmings and Green Can questions.
- Information on apartment and townhouse garbage, recycling and composting programs.
North Shore Transfer Station
604-521-1715 or wastech.ca
- Drop-off for large amounts of garbage and yard trimmings (fees may apply)
Other enquiries, call 604-925-7000