Come down to Ambleside Park for Community Day on Saturday, June 2, 2018, and enjoy a fun-filled day of festivities for the whole family! This annual event has activities for all ages including a parade, music, dance stages, food vendors, a kids' zone and a Community Day lounge.
This year's theme is superheroes!
9 a.m.: Ambleside Mile coordinated by WestVanRun
9:30 a.m.: WestVanRun Summer coordinated by WestVanRun
10 a.m.: Parade
11 a.m.–4 p.m.: Ambleside Park festivities
11:30 a.m.–6 p.m.: Beach Lounge hosted by the West Vancouver Firefighters Charitable Society with food from White Spot – Park Royal
Ambleside Park festivities include:
- POP-UP Adventure Playground, facilitated by Springfree Trampoline and Earth Day Canada with a visit from two-time Olympic gold medalist Rosie MacLennan. Jump on the world’s safest trampoline!
- West Vancouver Fire & Rescue will be bringing a Fire Safety House, giveaways, displays and turnout gear for kids
- Inflatable Fun sponsored by West Vancouver Community Centre Society
- stand up paddleboard rides sponsored by North Shore Girl
- classic car show
- mural unveiling and skateboarding demo, sponsored by Capture Photography Festival
- dance stage
- music stage with special thanks to Doug Macaulay and the West Vancouver Youth Band
- food vendors
- bike valet sponsored by Better Environmentally Sound Transportation
Register to run or walk
Register with WestVanRun to participate in the Ambleside Mile and/or WestVanRun Summer.
Ambleside Park will be closed to vehicles until 8 p.m.
Consider arriving by bus or leave your car at a Park and Ride lot and hop on the bus to Ambleside. The nearest Park and Ride lot is at Park Royal Mall North on the rooftop. If you're riding your bike to the park, there will be a safe and secure bike valet service.
Road closures in effect from 8:45 a.m.–12 p.m. on June 2:
- Marine Drive between 13th–17th Street
- 17th Street between Marine Drive and Bellevue Avenue
- Bellevue Avenue between 13th–17th Street
A special thank you to our sponsors: