Point Atkinson Lighthouse
The prominent rocky outcropping of Point Atkinson commands an important strategic entrance to Burrard Inlet. The first lighthouse was built here in 1874. The present structure, a six-sided tower with buttresses, was built in 1912 of reinforced concrete to the plans of Colonel Anderson, a colourful figure who advocated the installation of a number of lighthouses along the coast.
In recognition of its importance to the maritime activities of Burrard Inlet, the lighthouse was designated a National Historic Site in 1994.