The Awards Committee is a select committee of Council and oversees an annual, ongoing District program. Consistent with our Vision, the District will recognize personal civic commitment in several aspects of community life. An effective recognition process will strengthen the relationship that will help “secure our treasured quality of life and will be the measure of our success as a community”. To this end, a formal yearly recognition program is to be developed that delivers on the criteria set out in the “Duties” below.
- Consolidate the three current award programs (Heritage, Youth, Environment) into one program.
- Consider any additional award categories that should be added to this program.
- Create program objectives, categories and selection processes.
- Establish criteria for the award selection process and work with staff on calls for nominations.
- Assist staff in planning and implementation of award ceremony(ies) and related publicity.
- Identify staff and financial resource requirements year-over-year to maintain a model community recognition program.
Appointments will be made for one and two-year terms to enable overlap and continuity from year to year.
Councillor Sharon Thompson
Wayne Hansen, Terry D. Hodgins, Marina Knez, Lori Brown, Shannon Hennessy, Sanaz Mani, Melanie Hess, Jihad Saba, and Amy Badawy
Christie Rosta, Cultural Services Manager
Date: Wednesday, May 12
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Webex
Note: The meeting time has been updated.
Number: 146 885 9252
Electronic meeting details
The Provincial Health Officer prohibits members of the public from attending in person to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Members of the public who wish to listen and provide input are encouraged to attend virtually via Webex.
Click the meeting link, enter your name, email address, and event password, then click "Join Now". Note: Only click "join by browser" if you do not plan on using your microphone.
Written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.
Community Awards recognize the efforts and commitment of many West Vancouver residents.