View the tabs below to find application forms, guiding documents, and learn about the application process.
Changes to the Zoning Bylaw resulting from the work of the Neighbourhood Character Working Group are effective as of January 31, 2022. See the Zoning Bylaw webpage for the consolidated version now in effect.
Wondering what permits are required to install a heat pump?
- If you are retrofitting your old boiler or furnace with a heat pump you will need:
- An Electrical Permit including a site plan showing where the heat pump will be placed on your property.
- If you are altering or installing a hydronic heating system with a heat pump you will need:
- An Electrical Permit, Hot Water Heating Permit, plus a site plan showing where the heat pump will be placed on your property.
- In renovations that have a Building Permit, and new builds, a site plan is not required, as it will be included in with the building plans
For more information please review the Important Updates tab.