Provincial Health Officer Restrictions and Guidelines
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer, individuals and businesses must follow restrictions and guidelines.
Read about province-wide restrictions
Provincial Plans and Guidelines
We will continue to keep the community informed of service level adjustments. To receive information by email, subscribe to e-west.
Temporary Outdoor Business Areas
Council has endorsed a program to enable West Vancouver businesses to accommodate more customers, while operating in a safe manner in accordance with provincial guidelines.
Connect North Shore
The District of West Vancouver is working together with the City of North Vancouver, the District of North Vancouver, and North Shore Emergency Management (NSEM) to support residents impacted by COVID-19.
Connect North Shore was created to link residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
Visit the Connect North Shore webpage
How Businesses Can Help
We ask everyone in the community to do their part to prevent the spread of this virus. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that is spread through contact.
For our local businesses, the following guidance may help prevent exposure and contagion in the workplace:
- increase awareness about and communicate to staff about COVID-19.
- encourage frequent hand washing hygiene, practice respiratory etiquette (cough and sneeze into your sleeve) and self-isolate when ill
- provide access to handwashing facilities and place hand sanitizing dispensers in prominent locations throughout the workplace, if possible
- actively encourage sick employees to stay home
- perform routine environmental cleaning of frequently touched surfaces in the workplace