Status of facilities and services impacted by COVID-19
If you go out:
- keep a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others
- avoid a public space if it is too crowded to maintain that distance
- do not congregate in groups
- avoid non-essential travel and stay close to home
- dog parks
- basketball and roller hockey courts: focus on skill development, no games, no physical contact
- tennis courts: singles matches are best, no shared equipment, no physical contact
- skateboard parks: stay apart, even if you're just watching
- Seawalk: until further notice, joggers are asked to use the Seawalk before 10 a.m. and reserve it for walkers only after 10 a.m. on weekends.
- Gleneagles Golf Course (adapted regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.)
Open but with limited access
Capilano View Cemetery
- making arrangements requires an appointment. Learn more.
- visiting is permitted in small family groups with physical distancing at all times
- playgrounds (North Shore playgrounds set to re-open June 1. Learn more.)
- parking lot at Gleneagles Community Centre
Park Rangers are monitoring physical distancing compliance and using a two-metre prop to demonstrate the amount of space that people must stay apart. They are working with Bylaw Officers to advise people who are parking illegally that they will be ticketed and possibly towed.
Open but with limited public access
- Municipal Hall (Open for Council meetings only. District staff will continue providing the same essential services by phone or email. Contact us. For information about how to pay your property taxes, visit westvancouver.ca/tax.)
- West Vancouver Police Department (modified public access)
- All Fire Halls (Fire Hall #1, 2, 3 and 4) (no public access)
- Operations Centre at Cypress Bowl Road (staff and deliveries only)
- Capilano View Cemetery (making arrangements requires an appointment. Visiting is permitted in small family groups with physical distancing at all times. Learn more.)
- West Vancouver Community Centre
- Gleneagles Community Centre
- West Vancouver Memorial Library (visit wvml.ca for virtual services and programs)
- Seniors’ Activity Centre (except take-out food service available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily)
- Aquatic Centre
- Ice Arena
- Clubhouse at Gleneagles Golf Course
- Ambleside Par 3 Golf Course
- Ferry Building Gallery
- West Vancouver Art Museum
- Music Box
- Silk Purse Studio & Gallery
- West Vancouver Youth Hub at Park Royal
On March 30, Council cancelled all regularly scheduled council meetings until the end of June, with the exception of April 20 and May 4 meetings. Council may call special meetings to deal with emergent business as required. Watch Council meetings online.
After suspending all public consultation in mid-March as a result of the ban on mass gatherings, West Vancouver Council is preparing to hold public hearings once again. Learn more.
Garbage, recycling and green can collection
There is no change to curbside garbage, recycling or green can collection due to COVID-19. Please set out your items by 7:30 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection date. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our waste collection staff:
- please ensure that all personal hygiene products, used tissues, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items are disposed of in garbage bags.
- securely tie garbage bags. Un-bagged or loose items will not be collected.
Need replacement recycling bags, blue boxes, grey boxes or extra garbage tags? Learn more about delivery.
Given the extent of transit service suspensions across our network, we ask customers to only travel on transit if necessary, so space remains available for our essential service workers. View bus schedule updates.
District staff continue providing the same essential services by phone or email.
Municipal Services Centre
Request for Service
For all other business, you can contact the appropriate department by phone or email.
If you do not know the email of the department you are looking for, please contact [email protected]. Please note that answers to your enquiries may take longer than usual.