Status of facilities and services impacted by COVID-19
Note: Masks are mandatory inside all District facilities.
For a full list of holiday hours at municipal facilities, please visit westvancouver.ca/holidayhours.
Open with modified public access. Check the facility webpage for details.
- West Vancouver Memorial Library
- West Vancouver Art Museum
- Gleneagles Golf Course
- West Vancouver Archives
- Silk Purse Gallery
- Capilano View Cemetery
- West Vancouver Police Department
Open for pre-registered programs and timeslots only. Drop-ins are not permitted.
- West Vancouver Community Centre
- Aquatic Centre
- Seniors’ Activity Centre
- Ice Arena
- Gleneagles Community Centre
- West Vancouver Youth Hub at Park Royal
Suspended programs and services
Following the update on December 16 to the Provincial Health Order, the District has suspended a number of additional adult and senior recreation programs at community recreation facilities. Read more.
- Gleneagles Clubhouse
- Ferry Building Gallery (closed for restoration)
- Ambleside Par 3 (closed for the season)
Open with no public access
- Municipal Hall (District staff continue providing services by phone or email. Contact us.)
- All Fire Halls (Fire Hall #1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Operations Centre at Cypress Bowl Road
- parks and beaches
- basketball, roller hockey, and tennis courts
- skateboard parks
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
The Provincial Health Officer prohibits members of the public from attending in person to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you wish to present to Council, please consider submitting your comments to [email protected].
The District provides for electronic participation by telephone as follows:
Garbage, recycling and green can collection
There is no change to curbside garbage, recycling or green can collection due to COVID-19. Please set out your items by 7:30 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection date. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our waste collection staff:
- please ensure that all personal hygiene products, used tissues, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items are disposed of in garbage bags.
- securely tie garbage bags. Un-bagged or loose items will not be collected.
Need replacement recycling bags, blue boxes, grey boxes or extra garbage tags? Learn more.
Non-medical masks or face coverings are required while on-board transit vehicles. Learn more about COVID-19 precautions on Blue Bus and TransLink services here.
Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. District staff continue providing the same essential services by phone and email.
Municipal Services Centre
Request for Service
For all other business, you can contact the appropriate department by phone or email.
If you do not know the email of the department you are looking for, please contact [email protected]. Please note that answers to your enquiries may take longer than usual.