The deadline to renew your business licence is January 31.
To operate a business in West Vancouver, you need a business licence. This also applies to trades—such as builders, plumbers, electricians, and landscape gardeners—coming into the community to perform work. New business licence applications received from August 1 to December 31 are pro-rated.
Renew a business licence
Sign-up for myDistrict
Your business licence can be renewed online. myDistrict is a convenient way for residents to view information about their utilities, taxes, business licences, and dog licences—all in one place.
Once you’ve registered, you can:
- view your current and past bills
- view your account history
- learn how to make a payment online
Apply for a Business Licence
1. Complete an application form.
Business Licence Application
2. Once you have completed your business licence application, fax, mail or hand-deliver it to the following address:
Bylaw & Licensing Services
750 17th Street
West Vancouver BC V7V 3T3
3. An account will be opened and an invoice will be mailed to you. You can pay this online. Note: If you are in a hurry, let us know when you submit your application and we'll give you the information you need to pay online or by phone.
4. In most cases, an inspection will be required.
- commercial locations: a licence inspector will contact you to schedule an inspection
- home-based business locations: a licence inspector will contact you by phone to review the application and an inspection may be booked
- there is no inspection required for non-resident businesses, such as trades contractors or commercial dog walkers with offices located outside of West Vancouver
5. Once you have passed all necessary inspections, your licence will be issued.
- a business cannot operate until the business licence has been approved
- licences are for the calendar year only
- you will receive a renewal notification in December of each year and you can renew your licence online
- trades can apply for necessary permits at the time of application