Home-Based Business Licence
Home-based businesses can be a great option for sole proprietors, small family businesses and start-ups. Physicians offices are also allowed in duplexes and multi-family complexes.
If you would like to start a home-based business, you need to have a business licence.
Your home-based business cannot have more than two members and you need to be immediate family. Your home-based business needs client parking available onsite. For a complete list of the rules and regulations, please read the Zoning Bylaw.
The following are not permitted as home-based businesses:
- beauty salon or barber shop
- orchestra or band training
- places of public assembly
- real estate sales
- retail sales directly from the site
- schools or recital areas
- stables or kennels for the boarding and breeding of animals
- salvage or repair of vehicles
Home offices are regulated by the Zoning Bylaw, section 130.04.