Arts Facilities Advisory Committee
Date: Thursday, May 11
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: In-person meeting in the Cedar Room, West Vancouver Community Centre
If you are interested in participating in this committee meeting, review instructions for public participation in committee meetings.
The purpose of the Arts Facilities Advisory Committee (AFAC) is to make recommendations to staff and Council on the development of a new arts and culture facility that aligns with Council’s vision to make West Vancouver a liveable, vibrant, and inclusive community.
The AFAC will:
(a) confirm an arts and culture facility vision and concept, by:
- engaging with the arts and culture community, community user groups, and the public;
(b) recommend a framework for capital fundraising, by:
- researching best practices in capital fundraising for arts and culture facilities; and
- confirming best practices and developing a framework to guide capital fundraising; and
(c) recommend a governance model, by:
- researching and collecting data on a variety of governance models;
- soliciting public input and participation from community organizations and groups;
- confirming values that will guide the development of a governance model; and
- ensuring the long-term sustainable operation of an arts and culture facility.
Rob Brown, Patricia Bowles, Gavin Froome, Bo Helliwell, Elaine McHarg, Latash-Maurice Nahanee, Graham Nicholls (Chair), Lesel Radage (Acting Chair), Cynthia Sully, Jennifer Webb, Jason Wexler, and Ronald Yaworsky.
Christie Rosta, Cultural Services Manager
Volunteer to serve on a board or committee. Submit an application form today: