Code of Conduct Committee
Date: Tuesday, June 27
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: In-person meeting in the Raven Room, Municipal Hall
If you are interested in participating in this committee meeting, review instructions for public participation in committee meetings.
The Code of Conduct Committee is a Standing Committee of Council. The purpose of the Committee is to advise Council on the creation of a code of conduct regarding respectful behaviour and communications of and with Council, staff, volunteers, and members of the public.
The Committee will:
- Review materials relevant to the creation of a code of conduct, including existing District documents that pertain to the conduct of Council, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Analyze work done by the province of British Columbia and other lower mainland municipalities relative to the creation of a code of conduct.
- Advise on best practices in municipal government relative to the creation of a code of conduct.
- Make recommendations to Council and staff regarding the creation of a code of conduct.
- Assist with the development of a code of conduct.
Doug Moss and David Thomas
Councillors Snider (Chair), Gambioli, and Lambur (Acting Chair)
Mark Panneton, Director of Legislative Services/Corporate Officer
Documents and resources
- Terms of Reference
- Proposed Council Code of Conduct Bylaw No. 5229, 2023
- Proposed Council Code of Conduct Bylaw No. 5112, 2021
- Forging the Path to Responsible Conduct in Your Local Government
- Getting Started on a Code of Conduct for Your Council / Board
- Foundational Principles of Responsible Conduct
- Community Charter Division 8 - Code of Conduct
- Harassment and Respectful Workplace Policy 0009
- Standards of Conduct Policy 0019
- General Council Committees Policy 0144
- General Council Committees Procedure 0145
- Committee Terms of Reference Template
- Respectful Behaviour Bylaw No. 4999, 2018
- Proposed Respectful Communications Bylaw No. 5141, 2021
- BC Human Rights Code
- WorkSafe BC Policy Item P2-21-2 Employer Duties - Workplace Bullying and Harassment