Environmental Development Permits
If you are doing any work within 15 metres of the top of any watercourse bank, you will need an environmental development permit. This includes:
- construction of any structure or building
- construction of impervious or semi-pervious surfaces
- tree removals or pruning of any sized trees (more than 10-centimetre diameter at breast height)
The proposed work within 15 m of the top of bank of a watercourse must comply with the District's watercourse protection regulations.
You may not need an environmental development permit if your work only includes:
- interior renovations
- construction more than 15 metres from the top of bank boundary
- maintenance of existing landscaping
Applicants must submit all necessary documentation as outlined in the checklist in the Natural Environment Development Application Form.
For Environmental Development Permits for tree work only, a completed application form and an arborist report are all that is required.
Plans and documents must be in PDF format and submitted to:
All fees can be paid online. Directions for online payment will be provided to the applicant following application submission.