Fire & Rescue
What we do
West Vancouver Fire & Rescue does much more than putting out fires. We work to prevent or minimize the impacts of emergency incidents by:
- delivering prompt and effective response to fire, rescue, and medical emergencies
- protecting life, property, and the environment
- providing fire prevention services
- holding public education events
- enforcing regulations, including the Fire Code and municipal bylaws
Learn more about what we do below.
Applicants applying for development permits are required to conform with the Fire Department Rezoning/Development Permit Application Requirements, some of which are not frequently noted in a typical code analysis summary or architectural drawing set and are specific to West Vancouver.