COVID-19 Updates


To learn more about closures and our response to COVID-19, and for updates on District operations, visit



Municipal Hall
750 17th Street
West Vancouver BC  V7V 3T3

Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Staff continue providing services by phone and email.



Emergency service for roads, parks, water & sewer

Service requests or report a non-emergency

Request for service

Recreation information

Finance Department


Online Services Directory

Pay an invoice, apply for a permit, book an inspection and more online.


MyDistrict: Create a personal account and keep your taxutilitydog and business licence accounts all in one place. View your current and past bills. See your account payment history and keep track of your water conservation efforts.

Property Information: Search by civic address or folio to find legal descriptions, zoning, history, and tax and assessment information.

Home Owner Grant Program: Starting January 1, 2021, municipalities will no longer accept retroactive or current year Home Owner Grant applications. For more information please visit:

Home Owner Grant | Province of British Columbia


Renew a Business Licence: Please enter your licence number or name of business.


Bylaw Notice: Please enter the ticket number as shown on your bylaw notice.

False Alarm Notice: Please enter the ticket number as shown on your bylaw notice.

Fire Department Invoice: Enter the number exactly as shown (case sensitive).

Parking Ticket: Please enter the ticket number as shown on your bylaw notice.

Permit: Enter the number exactly as shown (case sensitive).

Electrical and Mechanical Permits

Apply and pay for a permit, then book your inspection online
You must have a MyDistrict profile and you must register your West Vancouver Business Licence to your MyDistrict account.

If you have a North Shore Inter-Municipal Business Licence, you will be required to provide the licence details when applying for the permit.

To obtain a West Vancouver Business Licence, please complete a business license application. For more information on obtaining a business licence, contact Bylaw and Licensing Services at 604-925-7152. 

Please note that permits on Squamish Nations Land (including Park Royal South) must be taken out with Squamish Nations 604-982-0510.

Electrical Permit - Temporary Electrical Service

Electrical Permit - Building and Low Voltage Wiring

Electrical Permit - Street/Traffic Lighting

Mechanical Permit - Plumbing Permit

Mechanical Permit - Drainage Permit

Mechanical Permit - Hot Water Heating Permits (including Geothermal)

Mechanical Permit - Fire Sprinkler

Pay for Permit: Enter the number exactly as shown (case sensitive).

Book an Inspection

Easy to follow guidelines

Guide to Registering for MyDistrict

Guide to Booking your Inspection Online

Connect with us

Download one of our apps!

Stay informed with WestVanConnect

Get one-touch access to news, recreation schedules, events, key contacts and more!

Available for free on iOS and Android devices.

WestVanConnect for iOS devices

WestVanConnect for Android devices

Never miss a collection day with WestVanCollect

Download WestVanCollect and get your collection schedule on your phone (with reminders too).

Available for free on iOS and Android devices.

WestVanCollect for iOS devices

WestVanCollect for Android devices

Register for westvancouverITE

Share your input on projects and consultations that impact your community.

Ask questions, read comments, join discussions, take surveys and more!

Register at and join the online conversation.

Already registered? If you signed up before October 1, 2018, you’ll need to create a fresh account as we’ve moved to a new and improved system.



Applying and paying for permits and booking inspections require you to have a MyDistrict profile.

Create one here:


Subscribe to e-news

Choose from the subscription topics below to receive email updates.