5776 Marine Drive (Thunderbird Marina)
The District has received a zoning text amendment to allow historically occurring outdoor marina uses to be formalized within the existing zoning. As proposed, the text amendment would:
- Only be applicable to the Thunderbird Marina lands;
- Not trigger any new development activities;
Amend the allowable uses within the existing CR3 and M3 zones to legitimize and add the following historical outdoor uses:
- boat and engine repairs and maintenance;
- storage of boats greater than 3.7 metres (12 feet) in height; and
- boat and engine sales and displays.
- Allow the marina to operate in full compliance with the zoning bylaw.
District Council provided first reading to the zoning bylaw text amendment bylaw on November 4, 2019, and scheduled a Public Hearing on December 3, 2019 to be held at Municipal Hall at 6 p.m.
In advance of the Public Hearing, the applicant has scheduled a public information meeting on November 19, 2019, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at Thunderbird Marina, 5776 Marine Drive. NOTE: This is not a District consultation, it is a development-sponsored meeting.