752 Marine Drive - Park Royal
November 2018 update
Park Royal applied for amendments to the approved development permit for its project at 752 Marine Drive. The Director of Planning and Development Services is delegated authority to approve minor changes to any approved and issued Council development permit where the changes do not materially affect the intent of the plans.
A summary of the approved amendments include:
- general building geometry adjustments and other door, balcony and solar shade modifications
- mechanical adjustments including penthouses and expressions at the public realm
- plaza adjustments to facilitate accessibility and water jet patterning
Final project status
- 14 storey East Tower with 104 residential units and 6,687 square feet of commercial floor area;
- 11 storey West Tower with 99 residential units (including market and non-market rental units), 3,898 square feet of daycare space, and 13,216 square feet of commercial floor area;
Total 203 residential units*:
49 market rental units in perpetuity
11 non-market rental units owned by the District
51 market rental units for 20 years
92 market rental units owned by the applicant
*no units are being offered for sale at this time
- a two-storey 9,690 square foot commercial building (on Squamish First Nation Land);
- extensive public realm additions including a public plaza, generous pedestrian connections, landscaping, and cycling supports (such as a bike valet, secure storage and end-of-trip facilities);
- 232 underground parking spaces;
- 282 secured underground bike parking;
- 35% site coverage; and
- a Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 2.25.
Park Royal Shopping Centre submitted a development application for 752 Marine Drive (the former location of the White Spot restaurant) that was originally received in 2012.
The proposal has been on hold since 2015 as the applicant was tasked with responding to a number of items by Council.
Since that time, the Marine Drive Local Area Plan and Design Guidelines has been adopted as part of the Official Community Plan by Council earlier this year (June 2017). It is expected that the applicant will be revising its proposal to comply with the new Local Area Plan.
This page will be updated with new information once it becomes available.
The project appeared before the Design Review Committee (DRC) on January 29, 2015 in order for the Committee to evaluate the applicant’s response to earlier DRC comments. Please note: drawing files have been compressed for the web. Please contact the Planning Department for high resolution files.
The Design Review Committee (DRC) reviewed the revised proposal on November 20, 2014, found significant improvements had been made, and recommended a final re-submission to address a number of detailed design items.
Drawing booklet (61 MB)
Applicant's PowerPoint (24 MB)
A public hearing was held on May 7, 2018 and resumed on May 14, 2018. The public hearing is now closed.
Questionnaires are now closed.