Earls Site (303 Marine Drive)
Update October 2018
As per the development permit, further design development on the approved townhouses was required. The townhouses are scheduled to be considered by the Design Review Committee at its meeting on November 1, 2018.
Update July 2018
At the July 23, 2018, Council meeting, Council approved the rezoning and development permit for 303 Marine Drive. The property is located adjacent to the municipal boundaries between the District of West Vancouver and the District of North Vancouver.
A public hearing was held on June 25, 2018.
The rezoning and development permit application is for a 26-storey residential tower. Key features of the proposal are:
- 141 units (87 market condos, 48 rental units, 6 non-market rental townhouses)
- 201 underground parking spaces
- 311 underground bike storage spaces
- 12.1% site coverage
- tower height of 85 metres
- Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 3.25
West Vancouver's Marine Drive Local Area Plan (LAP)
The LAP provides planning policy at a neighbourhood scale that serves to guide land use change and development. The LAP provides design guidelines that direct the form, height, massing and character of new buildings, as well as the public spaces and landscape between.
The proposal is consistent with the Marine Drive Local Area Plan (LAP). The site is at the most eastern point of West Vancouver and is bounded by the District of North Vancouver (DNV) along the eastern property line. Access to the development will form access roads from DNV. No access to Marine Drive is proposed.
The site at 303 Marine Drive is identified as being within the Lions Gate - Klahanie Sub Area of the LAP. The LAP prioritizes residential use to meet housing objectives, generate less traffic than commercial uses, and not dissipate the planned commercial core in the adjacent Lions Gate Town Centre (see below). The LAP calls for:
- density between 2.5 to 3.25 Floor Area Ratio;
- built form to be within a single, slender tower with a small floor plate up to 7,500 square feet
- building height between 24 to 26 storeys; and
- public realm and open spaces that enhance the pedestrian connection to the commercial core, Klahanie Park, amenities and transit.
Lions Gate Town Centre (DNV)
Positioned within close proximity to Klahanie Park and the emerging Lions Gate Town Centre in the District of North Vancouver, the site will be a part of a transit-oriented community that is close to commercial services, public amenities and a range of housing choices.
For more information on the Lions Gate Village, including the areas and public realm plan, please click the link below