Apr 19, 2020
- April 19: Following the update on April 19 from the province extending the current Provincial Health Orders, a number of programs and services at community recreation facilities will remain suspended, while a number of others will remain open. Read more.
- April 16: The District has been informed that a person who was at the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre and West Vancouver Community Centre on Thursday, April 8 has tested positive for COVID-19. Read more.
- April 7: The District has been informed that a person who was at the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre on Wednesday, March 31 has tested positive for COVID-19. Read more.
For more information on orders by the Provincial Health Officer, visit the provincial website.
For more information about BC's COVID-19 immunization plan, visit the provincial website.
For the most up-to-date vaccination schedule, please visit gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.
There are three steps to get vaccinated. Register when it’s your turn, book an appointment and get the vaccine. When you can register:
- I’m born in 1981 or earlier (40+) or I'm Indigenous and born in 2003 or earlier (18+): You can register now.
- People who are clinically extremely vulnerable: You can register now.
- People born 1966 and earlier (55+) can get the AstraZeneca COVISHIELD vaccine at eligible pharmacies with vaccine supply. Find an eligible pharmacy near you.
Visit the provincial government website for more information on:
Vancouver Coastal Health Authority will open a Covid-19 vaccination site in the large gymnasium at the West Vancouver Community Centre, located at 2121 Marine Drive. The gymnasium will be closed to recreation programs starting Friday, March 12. Program participants who are affected by the change will be notified by District staff.
STATUS OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Masks are mandatory inside all District facilities.
What's open? What's closed? View the list to see the current status:
Municipal Hall is closed to the public until further notice. District staff continue to provide services by phone or email.
Resources and support for individuals
Connect North Shore
Connect North Shore was created to link residents to community resources including information for those in need and volunteer opportunities for those who want to help.
The Connect North Shore resource directory provides links to community service organizations with a focus on those serving the North Shore, including resources for food, housing, social support and more.
Free and Low-Cost Groceries and Prepared Meals (updated September 9)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the District is offering free access to showers for community members who would otherwise not have access to a shower. Showers are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Ambleside Fieldhouse (located on Pound Road between the grass and artificial turf fields, north of rail tracks).
The Seniors' Activity Centre has launched programs to support seniors during this time of physical distancing. For information and assistance, call the Seniors' Activity Centre at 604-925-7280 or visit westvancouver.ca/seniors.
With LibraryConnect, you can call, chat, or email us to get the support you need.
Resources and support for businesses
The District of West Vancouver is following the guidance of our local, provincial and federal health authorities—and encourages the business community to do the same.
There are many things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your community. Please follow the advice of health authorities.
Latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks, and testing
Regional health information
National updates and financial resources
List of community exposure events
Health information and advice
Non-medical information (for general information related to COVID-19)
Call 1-888-268-4319 (1-888-COVID19)
Federal and Provincial live updates