Youth Leadership Opportunities
Are you interested in becoming a member of one of our youth committees? Applications are now being accepted for the 2019/2020 school year!
The application deadline for all committees is November 1, 2019.
Please download, fill in and return the application form to Melanie Clark, Youth Services Program Coordinator, by email or drop-off your application at West Vancouver Community Centre, 2121 Marine Drive (attn: Melanie Clark).
Please note that you are welcome to express interest in joining more than one committee, however, some committees have a cap on the maximum number of members.
Committees you can be a part of:
Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) | Grades 8–12
- Interested in civic engagement, community leadership, and local government? Get involved with the YAC!
Whatever Youth Committee | Grades 8–12
- The Whatever Youth Committee helps raise community awareness, and plans and promotes activities and events for LGBTQI2S+ youth and allies.
Student Work & Advisory Team (SWAT) | Grades 8–12
- Learn leadership and communication skills, civic responsibility and expand on your cultural awareness in conjunction with the West Vancouver Police Department. A separate application through the West Vancouver Police Department is also required.
Preteen Advisory Committee (PTAC) | Grades 6 & 7
- Interested in making a difference in your local community? Join our preteen committee to learn valuable leadership skills and to assist with the development of programs and events for preteens in West Vancouver.
Teen Advisory Group (TAG) | Grades 8–12
- The West Vancouver Memorial Library’s TAG meets monthly to provide input and feedback on library services for teens. For more information, please visit the West Vancouver Memorial Library website.