The order by the Public Health Officer impacts activities at the Capilano View Cemetery.
Graveside gatherings are now limited to a maximum of 10 people, including officiant.
- Please contact Capilano View Cemetery at 604-925-7007 to arrange a burial.
- All arrangements should be made by appointment over the phone. It is currently not possible to make arrangements in the office due to COVID-19.
Limit on the number of guests
- Graveside gatherings are now limited to a maximum of 10 people, including officiant.
- If more than your immediate household is present, you will be asked to disperse so the service can proceed. If this does not happen in a timely manner, staff will leave the area and not proceed with the burial until it is resolved. New arrangements may need to be made on a different day, at additional cost.
Our office is closed but our phone lines are open.
Capilano View Cemetery arrangements are now done over the phone. You may see us in the office, but due to COVID-19, we are not scheduling in-person appointments.
For general information or to arrange an interment, call 604-925-7007, between 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Please have the following information available to help us arrange an interment:
- your name, address, and phone number
- your relationship to the deceased person
- the full legal name of the deceased person
- the last address of the deceased person
- date and place of birth of the deceased person
- date and place of death of the deceased person
- the name of the funeral home you have chosen
- date and time you would like for the service
Interment services are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Having more than one date option will help with finding a time to suit your preferences.
About Capilano View Cemetery
Capilano View offers a variety of interment options including full casket burial, burial of cremated remains and above-ground columbaria niches.
Since 1926, the Capilano View Cemetery has offered the residents of West Vancouver a tranquil place of beauty and history to remember and reflect.
A seating area including an ornamental water basin and table for preparing flowers and holding small gatherings is now open for use on the north-west corner of the Birch Area of the cemetery. We hope you will enjoy the view!