The following commercial property types are serviced by West Vancouver Fire & Rescue:
- assembly occupancies used for gatherings of people
- retail outlets
- office buildings
- hospitals and healthcare facilities
- service stations (gas stations and automotive repair shops)
All commercial properties need a Fire Safety Plan, which is reviewed by West Vancouver Fire & Rescue. Construction and demolition companies require a separate review process for other businesses for their Fire Safety Plans.
Get information on the fire permits you'll need to operate a business legally.
Fire Safety Plans
All commercial properties need a Fire Safety Plan. Construction/demolition companies also require a Fire Safety Plan in addition to buildings with certain occupancies. Find out if your business needs one.
Fire & Rescue Services
The Fire Department works to prevent or minimize the impacts of emergency incidents by:
- delivering prompt and effective response to fire, rescue and medical emergencies
- protecting life, property and the environment
- providing fire prevention and education services to the public
- enforcing regulations, including the Fire Code and municipal bylaws