Parking regulations are in place to create safe and convenient access for all drivers in West Vancouver, from permit-only areas in busy neighbourhoods, to limited free parking zones, to spaces reserved for electric vehicles, people with mobility issues and carpoolers.
Tips for parking in West Vancouver
- Read and respect posted signage. Please read all posted signage carefully and watch for temporary no-parking zones for street cleaning, maintenance and so on.
- Knowing the applicable bylaws are your responsibility. Did you know that you may not park, stop or stand your vehicle abutting any property used for residential or commercial purposes for more than six hours (barring some exceptions)? If this is news to you, it is a great idea to review some of our traffic and parking bylaws. Traffic and Parking Bylaw
- Most free parking along main routes (e.g. Marine Drive) is for two hours in a 24-hour period. After two hours, you must move your vehicle to a new location. Moving to a new location on the same block does not reset the clock.
- Many spaces at community centres are reserved for people with mobility challenges. A visible SPARC parking permit hanging from the rearview mirror is required to park in these spaces. SPARC
Have you noticed a painted yellow curb in a street parking area?
The District no longer paints yellow curbs. Please do not paint your own curbs.
If you spot a yellow curb, please ignore the yellow paint and follow street signs and the Traffic and Parking Bylaw for parking restrictions.
Dispute a ticket
- fill out the back portion of the ticket. Deliver or fax both sides of the ticket to Bylaw and Licensing Services at 604-925-7451 within 14 days of the ticket being issued.
- a screening officer will contact you to discuss your dispute and may cancel the ticket under certain circumstances.
- if the ticket can’t be cancelled, you may request an adjudication hearing. A $25 adjudication fee applies if your dispute is unsuccessful.
- adjudicators cannot reduce fine amounts and their decisions are final.