Missed Garbage, Green Can, or Yard Trimmings?
Common reasons your material may have not been collected:
- The collection schedule was suspended due to weather-related disruptions (such as snow and ice). Learn more about Winter Preparedness.
- A statutory holiday has changed the collection schedule. Download the WestVanCollect app to sign up for reminders or use the Garbage Pick-up Schedule.
- Unexpected disruptions, such as roadwork, construction, parking or filming crews have blocked access to your address.
- Your material was not set out in time. On the morning of collection, set it out between 5 and 7:30 a.m. Collection begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Your material did not meet our collection guidelines. Read the Annual Collection Guide for information on what is accepted and how to prepare your material.
If none of the common reasons apply or you suspect that your material may have been missed, please call 604-925-7176 to let us know.
The District no longer collects recycling. Recycling collection in West Vancouver is provided by Waste Control Services (WCS). Contact WCS to report a missed recycling collection.
Set Out Times:
- collection begins at 7:30 a.m.
- set materials out after 5 a.m. on collection day, not the night before