Date: Tuesday, December 5
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Location: In-person meeting in the Raven Room, Municipal Hall
The purpose of the Environment Committee is to advise Council on the development and implementation of initiatives to meet the District’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets, adapt to climate change, and protect the community’s natural assets.
The Committee volunteer members will:
- Act as advisors to the District on the effective design and implementation of a Climate Action Strategy.
- Identify emerging issues, topics for discussion, and ideas for consideration of District Council.
- Review proposed implementation policies and programs presented by District staff.
- Bring diverse perspectives to define the climate action goals and potential solutions to achieve those goals.
- Advise on the most appropriate mechanisms to engage with the public to gain support for the implementation of the Climate Action Strategy.
- Promote initiatives and programs, approved by Council, within the community and sectors to move towards the District’s climate action goals.
- Analyze project success and metrics and report out on climate action progress.
- Advise on proposed policies and make recommendations through meeting minutes and reports.
- Assist staff on project development and implementation as required.
- Assist with accessing external funding to support the implementation of climate action projects.
- Demonstrate positive-minded, result-driven, and community-caring values in their work.
Dionne Bunsha, Claudia Castro, Alois Gallet, Eva Grdina, Paul Hundal (Acting Chair), Peter Scholefield, Farhan Umedaly, and Claudia van der Vorm (Chair).