Licensed Child Care Facility

Opening a Licensed Child Care Facility

Child care is an essential service that contributes significantly to the social and economic well-being of our community. 

To open a licensed child care service in West Vancouver you must obtain two licences:

  1. Provincial Community Care Facilities Licence (CCFL) issued by Vancouver Coastal Health
  2. West Vancouver Business Licence

The Community Care Facilities Licensing Office and the District's Bylaw & Licensing Services Department work together to align the two licensing processes and support child care providers. 

Learn more about the application and approval process for applying and receiving both licenses! 

April 2022 Update

On April 25, 2022, Council adopted amendments to the Zoning Bylaw to allow licensed childcare, of up to eight children, on sites where there is a single-family dwelling and secondary suite.

Other contacts

Vancouver Coastal Health (Community Care Facilities Licensing)

North Shore Community Resources
Learn more about the free resources and support available to North Shore child care providers

Ministry of Children and Families: Child Care Programs & Services Branch
Information and resources for running a child care business and available provincial funding programs.