Bylaws & Licensing

Learn more about dog licences, business licences, and parking permits. Bylaw & Licensing Services provides education and enforcement for municipal bylaws, rules and regulations designed to keep citizens safe.

Find a Bylaw

Search for municipal bylaws.

Dogs & Backyard Chickens

If you have dogs or backyard chickens, it's important to licence them, follow some simple rules, and help keep West Vancouver a great place for all of its inhabitants, animal or human.

Parking Permits

Permit parking is available for residents in select areas.

Signs: Permits & Bylaw

If you plan to put up a sign to advertise your business or alter an existing sign, you’ll need a permit. You need a business licence before you can apply for a sign permit.

Heavy Vehicle Routes

Trucks, trailers, and truck tractor/tractor-trailer combinations in excess of 11,800 kg GVW are prohibited from travelling downhill on most streets below the Upper Levels Highway and certain other streets.

Election Sign Regulations

There are rules and regulations for displaying election signs in West Vancouver.

Making a Claim with the District

If you feel that the District of West Vancouver is responsible for your loss or damages, learn about the process for submitting a claim.

Information for Business

If you operate a business in West Vancouver, we’ve made it easy for you to find all the information you need: Intermunicipal Business Licences, Business Licences, Home-Based Business Licence, Liquor Licences, and Secondary Suites

Construction Noise