Explore the large network of trails in this suburban escape winding through the remnants of an old-growth forest and down to the historic lighthouse on the water.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Distance, elevation gain and estimated completion time:
Variable depending on the trail. Refer to the trail map for detailed route information. Please plan for a 25-minute hike uphill from the lighthouse back to the parking lot.
Remember, this is a wilderness park with cliffs, steep terrain and dense forest. Plan accordingly for the weather and conditions. Be safe and have fun!
Parking at Lighthouse Park
Public parking at the park is limited and fills up quickly in good weather. Parking lots will be closed when full. Please have an alternate plan and follow the instructions of traffic control personnel.
Lighthouse Park is accessed from a parking lot just off Beacon Lane. When travelling along Marine Drive towards Horseshoe Bay, turn left on Beacon Lane and follow the signs for Lighthouse Park.
Note: No buses are permitted down Water Lane or into the Lighthouse Park parking lot.
Toilets are available in three locations within Lighthouse Park:
- Two portable toilets in the parking lot near the entrance to Juniper Loop Trail
- Two individual stall outhouses on Beacon Lane Trail on the way down to the Lighthouse Station grounds
- Four portable toilets at the bottom of Beacon Lane Trail near the Lighthouse Station grounds
Lower washrooms closed: The septic system for the lower washrooms has reached its end of life. The washrooms are now closed and portable toilets are available for use in the area.