The Finance Committee is a standing committee of Council with a mandate to assist Council in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities by reviewing and providing feedback on the accounting, financial reporting, asset management and investment management activities of the District of West Vancouver.
The primary functions of the committee are:
- review the Five-Year Financial Plan
- review the quarterly financial reports, including reserve funds
- review financial risk management framework
- oversee the Endowment Fund
- oversee the investment program and performance
- review and make recommendations to Council regarding financial policy
- review and make recommendations to Council on fees, charges, and other potential sources of revenue
MEMBERSHIP AND QUORUM
The Finance Committee is made up of six Committee members, one being the Chair, another being the Co-Chair. A quorum shall be three members of the Committee, two of which must be Council members.
Councillors Wong (Co-Chair), Soprovich, and Thompson (Co-Chair)
James Boyd, Janine Guenther, and John Robertson
Isabel Gordon, Director of Financial Services
Date: Tuesday, June 15
Time: 1–2:30 p.m.
Location: Electronic meeting via Webex
Number: 146 013 6642
Electronic meeting details
The Provincial Health Officer prohibits members of the public from attending in person to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Members of the public who wish to listen and provide input are encouraged to attend virtually via Webex.
Click the meeting link, enter your name, email address, and event password, then click "Join Now". Note: Only click "join by browser" if you do not plan on using your microphone.
Written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.