The Finance Committee is a standing committee of Council with a mandate to assist Council in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities by reviewing and providing feedback on the accounting, financial reporting, asset management and investment management activities of the District of West Vancouver.
The primary functions of the committee are:
- review the Five-Year Financial Plan
- review the quarterly financial reports, including reserve funds
- review financial risk management framework
- oversee the Endowment Fund
- oversee the investment program and performance
- review and make recommendations to Council regarding financial policy
- review and make recommendations to Council on fees, charges, and other potential sources of revenue
Councillors Wong (Chair), Gambioli and Thompson
James Boyd, Janine Guenther, and John Robertson
Isabel Gordon, Director of Financial Services
Date: Wednesday, September 30
Time: 3–5:30 p.m.
Location: via video conference in the Municipal Hall Council Chamber
After suspending all committee, board and working group meetings in mid-March in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19, the District of West Vancouver is resuming meetings via electronic communications facilities.
Members of the public are able to attend committee meetings in person in the Municipal Hall Council Chamber. The public will be able to listen to, and provide input during electronic meetings. For your health and safety, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols have been implemented. If you are not able to attend a meeting in-person, written submissions regarding matters that fall within the committee’s mandate to consider can also be submitted to staff liaisons and will be circulated to members prior to a meeting for their information.